Our Managed Hardware Service takes care of the hardware layer of hosted customer solutions.
Our Managed Hardware Services provide support for hosted server, storage and/or network hardware devices to enterprise Service Level Agreement. The service is provided from within Eduserv’s modern secure, reliable and high performing UK
Our Managed Hardware Service takes care of the hardware layer of hosted customer solutions and includes:
- Hardware Sourcing (Option): sourcing and procurement of enterprise-class server, storage and network equipment to customer specifications. Includes establishing warranty and maintenance agreements.
- Hardware Installation: receipt and installation of hardware components in our data centre(s) to customer requirements.
- Asset Management: inventory control of hosted hardware, including records of change.
- Hardware monitoring: installation of appropriate tools and systems for hardware ‘heartbeat’ availability monitoring and for reporting.
- Incident Management: including receipt of alerts, hardware maintenance provider liaison, customer notification and reporting.
- Maintenance Management: management of maintenance agreements, liaison and onsite management of hardware maintenance providers.
- Datacentre Proximity Operations: on-premise data centre services to support diagnostics of hardware incidents, including the checking of hardware alerts, console messages and cabling.
- Hardware Update Implementation: firmware upgrades in accordance with vendor guidelines.
- Customer Access Provision (Option): supply of VPN and remote desktop access services to enable customers to fully manage hosted operating systems, databases and applications - no Eduserv support services provided above the infrastructure layer.
- Service Desk Provision: 24x7x365 service desk for customer incident logging and change requests.
- Reporting: monthly service report on hardware availability performance and incidents.