For large organisations, benefiting from the cloud will mean a significant change in IT consumption models and a new freedom to move between suppliers.
Our Cloud Migration service provides full planning, support and technical implementation for when you want to migrate to a cloud service provider environment or between cloud service providers.
We'll help you:
- Identify what to safely move to the cloud.
- Reduce risk when moving to the cloud.
- Save time and money.
- Simplify IT services and infrastructure.
You can decide if you want to use our cloud migration service as a project-only service or a full technical design and delivery service.
Our experienced project management and technical delivery teams will ensure legacy systems are successfully migrated to cloud services.
All migration projects are carefully handled by our experienced Prince2 qualified project managers and designed to meet defined business requirements.
Migration discovery phase
We work with you to understand your business objectives by auditing and assessing the technical and commercial information of your existing IT systems and target cloud systems.
Migration planning phase
We'll develop a project plan under a Prince2 framework to ensure a safe and smooth migration to a new environment. This includes risk management to protect customer business functions and service delivery. Our project managers are significantly experienced in handover to ITIL service operation.
Off-boarding your legacy hosting
When it comes to making the big change we'll take care of:
- Managing the technical, service and commercial aspects of terminating the current hosting service
- Ensuring all customer data, software and operational documentation is safely removed and made available on the new cloud infrastructure.
- Liaising with the target hosting supplier and third parties to manage the technical, service and commercial actions required to initiate the new cloud service.
- Service integration – following the migration of core technical services, integration with other cloud and non-cloud software and applications that may be needed.
- Testing and validation – testing by customer technical, operations and business representatives of the new service, including testing back-up and disaster recovery.
We have significant experience of migrating government customer IT services. We will use, where necessary, appropriately accredited infrastructure, network connectivity, staff security clearance and processes to deliver the service to customer security requirements.
We store and process our service-related data such as plans, records and reports to the appropriate Security Impact Level standards.
Any Eduserv technical server, storage or network infrastructure required to deliver the service will be hosted in our Tier-3 designed UK datacentre. Our business continuity and disaster recovery plans underpin our service delivery operations.
Outcomes and Pricing
A concise business-focused report outlining customer business requirements, migration budget, IT solution/service overview, key stakeholder information, migration priorities, timescales and risks and technical/user acceptance criteria.
A high-level roadmap for the service migration that incorporates all the high-level phases:
- Project Initiation: mobilising staff and resources to support the migration project.
- Legacy Hosting Service Off-boarding: processes to terminate the legacy hosting service.
- Target Cloud Hosting On-boarding: processes to initiate the new service.
- Target Cloud Hosting Migration: the technical, service and commercial migration phase.
- Target Cloud Hosting Service Integration: integrating migrated services with other required services to form the end-to-end solution.
- Target Cloud Hosting Service Test and Validation: testing the migrated service against the acceptance criteria.
- Target Cloud Hosting Service Commissioning: accepting migrated services into operation.
- Cloud Migration Service Project Closure.
The Cloud Migration Service can be procured in two distinct phases: Cloud Migration Service Setup (fixed price depending on the size and scope of the project) and Cloud Migration Service Implementation Project (fixed price). Please contact us for details.
You can use our cloud migration service as a project-only service or a full technical design and delivery service. Extra services include:
Data Extraction Service
Extracting and processing data located on legacy hosting service.
IT Consolidation Service
Assessment, design and implementation of infrastructure and application consolidation.
Cloud Application Support
Support for ‘off-the-shelf’ and bespoke applications.
Managed Application Environment
Managed service for ‘off-the-shelf’ and bespoke applications including Operating Systems, MySQL, Microsoft Dynamics and Microsoft SharePoint.