Salary: £15,000 pa.
Closing Date: 13 Jan 2017.
Eduserv, an IT services provider, is offering a full-time 1 year paid internship in our Identity Access Management team to someone looking for either an opportunity as a Junior Software Engineer or a 1st Line Support Analyst role.
As a Junior Software Engineer
you will work as part of a team responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of a multi-platform, multi-architecture suite of Access and Identity Management software products delivered as an on-premise and Software-as-a-Service solution to a range of customers. You are expected to have some technical experience in Java and knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
Core responsibilities include:
- Understanding customer requirements for developing new product features and functionality
- Undertaking low level design and developing solutions in accordance with higher level designs provided by senior team members
- Coding and testing solutions using a range of tools and formal methods/procedures
- Developing user interfaces to current web and accessibility standards
- Utilising and conforming to policies/procedures/standards to ensure quality of releases and to identify issues and make necessary modifications to ensure correct operation
As a 1st Line Support Analyst
, you will be in a customer facing role providing the initial point of contact for all OpenAthens customers worldwide. This includes the triage of incidents/service requests and their appropriate technical resolution or escalation. You are expected to have excellent customer service, communication and analytical skills.
Core responsibilities include:
- Logging of telephone and email queries from OpenAthens customers;
- Performing triage of incidents and service requests, including gathering relevant information so you can classify and prioritise requests;
- Escalating calls to 2nd and 3rd line teams for resolution;
- Actively working with your team to reduce the risk of Service Level Breaches and ensure all calls are closed within set timescales;
- Identifying and assisting in the production of knowledgebase documentation for both internal use and customer facing documentation;
- Being fully conversant in procedures for scheduled maintenance activities, emergency maintenance work and generating critical incident reports and ensuring communications are sent to the relevant parties;
For both roles, the successful candidate will be a highly organised and efficient team-player, with excellent communication skills and lots of initiative! With a positive attitude you will support the improvement of technical / customer service practices within the team to increase the quality and agility of our offering and improve customer satisfaction by ensuring successful delivery of live services.
View the job descriptions here:
1st Line Support Analyst
Junior Software Engineer
The closing date is Friday 13 January 2017.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information or to apply.
Please note: Direct applications only please. Applications from agencies not on our PSL will not be considered.