Eduserv is looking for a Principal Cloud Architect to provide advice and consultancy, collaborating with customers, partners and other Eduserv teams to design scalable, flexible, and resilient public cloud architectures that address customer business requirements through senior leadership and significant technical experience.
The Principal Cloud Architect will provide line management, coaching and development of the Cloud Architecture team. You will accelerate public cloud adoption, guiding new and existing customers as they migrate to AWS and / or Azure cloud services. As a trusted advisor on key accounts, you will work with customers to help them understand and exploit the full benefits of public cloud infrastructure, as business needs change and/or new features and services are released. You will also work across the customer lifecycle, supporting presales, account development, consulting and thought leadership, and managed service delivery. You will also lead the development and management of our Public Cloud Advisory and Managed Service portfolio.
Core responsibilities include:
- Supporting presales engagements and presenting Eduserv Cloud capabilities, solutions and services to customers and stakeholders,
- Understanding customer requirements and translate these into advisory and/or managed service solutions, taking accountability for how the solution meets the customers’ business requirements
- Leading Cloud professional service engagements, often onsite with customers, typically involving phases of discovery, analysis, requirements specification, high and low level design, and delivery
- Being an expert in the application of a range of consultancy tools, methods and approaches to support successful engagement outcomes
- Building deep relationships with senior technical and heads of department roles within customers to enable them to be public cloud advocates
- Authoring thought leadership content that establishes / strengthens the credibility of Eduserv Cloud offers and supports lead generation, working with colleagues in marketing and external lead generation agencies
- Providing line management of the Cloud Architecture team, mentoring & coaching where required on assigned opportunities.
- Providing Cloud infrastructure subject matter expertise as a consultative resource to Solution Architects as required to support other solution opportunities and product development
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Public Cloud developments, particularly Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure roadmaps, value propositions, best practice tools and methods
The successful candidate will have demonstrable leadership, mentoring, coaching and development skills to foster and engage a strong cloud team. You will be a certified Amazon AWS Solution Architect and/or Certified Microsoft Azure Solution Architect with a solid understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure design and implementation with demonstrable experience in infrastructure and networks design and implementation. You will also have a positive attitude, strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills and be capable of communicating at all levels within an organisation and of working in multi-discipline teams but also on your own initiative. You will be customer focused and have experience working with customers in a consulting capacity, leading and delivering professional service engagements. Travel will also be required for customer engagements.
View job description here
As a Company, we offer a competitive salary, a contributory defined benefits pension scheme (we contribute 18%, you contribute 8%), 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and travel, bicycle and gym discount schemes. Working hours are 36.5 per week and we are supportive of flexible working.
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast paced environment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information or to apply.
Please note: Direct applications only please. Applications from agencies not on our PSL will not be considered.