Eduserv is looking for a Principal Applications Architect to provide advice and consultancy to new and existing Eduserv customers across subject areas including application strategy and roadmap, architecture and governance, integration and legacy rationalisation and modernisation through senior leadership and significant technical experience.
The Principal Applications Architect will work across the customer lifecycle, supporting presales, account development, consulting and thought leadership, and managed service delivery. This role is key to the ongoing development and refinement of our Applications Advisory and Managed Service portfolio. You will also provide line management, coaching and development of the Applications team.
Core responsibilities include:
- Supporting presales engagements and presenting Eduserv Applications capabilities, solutions and services to customers and stakeholders
- Understanding customer requirements and translating these into advisory and/or managed service solutions, taking accountability for how the solution meets the customers’ business requirements
- Leading Applications professional service engagements, often onsite with customers, typically involving phases of discovery, analysis, requirements specification, high and low level design, and delivery
- Being an expert in the application of a range of consultancy tools, methods and approaches to support successful engagement outcomes
- Building deep relationships with senior technical and heads of department roles within customers to enable them to be seen and engaged as trusted advocates
- Authoring thought leadership content that establishes / strengthens the credibility of Eduserv Application offers and supports lead generation, working with colleagues in marketing and external lead generation agencies
- Providing line management of the Applications Architecture team, mentoring and coaching where required on assigned opportunities.
- Providing Applications specific subject matter expertise as a consultative resource to Solution Architects and Cloud Architects as required to support other solution opportunities and product development
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of our chosen technology partners products and services roadmaps, value propositions, best practice tools and methods
The successful candidate will have demonstrable leadership, mentoring, coaching and development skills to foster and engage a strong applications team. You will have a solid understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure from an application architecture design and implementation perspective and significant experience in application strategy and roadmaps, architecture, development and integration. You will also have a positive attitude, strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills and be capable of communicating at all levels within an organisation and of working in multi-discipline teams but also on your own initiative. You will be customer focused and have experience working with customers in a consulting capacity, leading and delivering professional service engagements. Travel will also be required for customer engagements.
View job description here
As a Company, we offer a competitive salary, a contributory defined benefits pension scheme (we contribute 18%, you contribute 8%), 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and travel, bicycle and gym discount schemes. Working hours are 36.5 per week and we are supportive of flexible working.
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast paced environment. Please contact email@example.com
for more information or to apply.
Please note: Direct applications only please. Applications from agencies not on our PSL will not be considered.