Eduserv is seeking an experienced HR Manager to join a busy, fast-paced team to cover maternity leave for one year from June 2017.
You will lead, direct and represent the HR function by developing people management strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy, as well as making a professional and effective contribution to the overall operational management of Eduserv to support the cultural change management initiatives ensuring the company is well positioned to meet its current and future business plans. A key part of the role is delivering high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals and providing an excellent and consistent HR service. You will also line manage a HR Administrator.
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, be highly organised and efficient, with excellent communication skills and loads of initiative! You'll be approachable and supportive with strong influencing skills to be firm and forceful when required and to build rapport quickly with key members of the business. You'll be a team player, who enjoys variety and will have previous experience in a HR Management position including adding value at a strategic level and dealing with challenging situations. You’ll be CIPD qualified and confident directing the HR function including advising managers on all aspects of people management and development, and demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy or other relevant HR projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading, developing and directing a comprehensive HR function to the business
- Ensuring legal compliance and minimising risk through policies, procedures and processes
- Measuring employee engagement and identifying areas that require improvement to nurture a positive working environment
- Supporting the wellbeing of staff through services such as the Employee Assistance Programme and the Wellbeing Forum
- Promoting awareness of the impact of stigma and discrimination and acting to reduce it
- Managing employee relations, including managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances and sickness, using HR and company knowledge to evidence appropriate decisions
- Coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
- Overseeing and managing a performance review system that drives high performance
- Managing change by implementing new ideas into robust new services and sharing key messages and key conclusions
- Assessing training needs and monitoring training and mentoring programmes
- Overall responsibility for the recruitment and selection process, including managing retention, talent and succession planning; and maintaining a competitive pay and benefits scheme
- Managing HR budgets
- Building and using extended networks of influence to develop and inspire others
- Liaising with external advisors to ensure policy and employment contract compliance, and seeking advice as necessary for Eduserv.
Eduserv are a leading not for profit, IT services provider based in Bath with a relocation to Bristol planned to take place in early 2018. Our mission is to enable organisations to make better use of technology for public benefit. We have incredibly friendly and supportive colleagues with a focus on team work and an ability to use IT to make a real difference for public sector organisations and charities.
As a Company, we offer a competitive salary, a contributory defined benefits pension scheme (we contribute 18%, you contribute 8%), 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and travel, bicycle and gym discount schemes. Working hours are 36.5 per week and we are supportive of flexible working.
The closing date is Friday 31 March 2017. Please contact email@example.com
for more information or to apply.
Please note: Direct applications only please.