Eduserv is looking for a Governance Officer to provide PA support to the Chair of Trustees and administrative support to the Board of Trustees. The role also includes support to the work of the wider Senior Management Team in delivering effective corporate governance, planning, risk and assurance processes.
This can be offered as a part-time or full-time opportunity, and involves travel to London to take minutes for board meetings. The Governance Officer is responsible for all arrangements for Board and Committee meetings including coordinating the venue, catering and travel requirements and managing a schedule of governance activities throughout the year. The successful candidate will be required to manage all associated administration, minute taking, construction and distribution of agendas.
Other tasks include
- Collating information, preparing, redrafting and correcting documents to ensure high quality reports and papers are distributed and available for meetings
- Supporting the preparation and maintenance of a forward calendar of dates and work plans for meetings.
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of assurances and accurate corporate records of meetings.
- Maintaining Trustee records of interest and related party activity that may require disclosure.
- Developing expertise in order to advise and support the organisations in relation to meetings and corporate governance.
- Ensuring that mail, e-mails and meeting reports, etc. are dealt with swiftly and appropriately in order to maximise use of time.
- Supporting practical arrangements for Board meetings and other ad hoc internal and external meetings.
- Dealing confidently and sensitively with external and internal enquiries (and sometimes complex issues) under the advice of the senior management team.
- Liaising with other administrators and PAs.
- Complying with policies, procedures and practices for secretarial and administrative work within the organisation.
- Supporting board communications in reactive situations and dealing confidently but sensitively with external and internal enquiries under the advice of the Executive Management Team and the Board of Trustees
- Maintaining the register of interests
- Travel to London or elsewhere to attend all board and committee meetings
You will have demonstrable experience of successfully supporting Committee and other types of formal meetings in a complex governance environment, and have an understanding of complex governance frameworks in a public or private sector organisation and principles of good governance.
With a solid grounding in administration, the Governance Officer will be an excellent communicator, highly organised, a team-player and able to excel under pressure. Ideally you will have some knowledge of Charity law and the legal obligations of charities under charities legislation. You’ll be able to work independently and take ownership in your role, with a positive attitude and the ability to communicate clearly and with confidence, verbally and in writing. You’ll also have an interest in being part of a dynamic not-for-profit organisation that has a clear business focus to deliver IT for public good.
View job description here
Please contact email@example.com
for more information or to apply.