Eduserv has an exciting opportunity for a CloudOps Manager to develop and lead our ColudOps team. The role will lead a team responsible for full lifecycle delivery of the technical IT systems underpinning all of Eduserv’s operations and will also be accountable for the maintenance and operation of customer-specific infrastructure in cloud, ensuring optimal use of resources to meet the customer requirements.
About the role
Our head office is based in Bath, however we will be moving to Bristol within the next year. Reporting to the Head of Service Operations, you will be responsible for a team of seven employees, therefore time management and leadership skills are essential as well as exemplary technical and financial competencies.
Core responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to support and develop the Devops team including definition of operational standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide secure, resilient, cost-effective, and fit for purpose operation of business critical services
- Plan and coordinate internal IT projects to agreed timescales and budget ensuring that the team supports the agreed improvements to the infrastructure estate
- Evaluate available technology and the point at which it becomes practically and commercially attractive for Eduserv, measuring the relevant attributes of core technology to determine when additional or replacement technology should be introduced
- Contribute to the development of strategic and business plans in relation to infrastructure systems, in support of Eduserv's mission.
- Ensure infrastructure designs/specifications meet customer requirements in the pre-sales phase and assisting service operations with the delivery of these systems post-contract award
- Liaise with customers/contractors/suppliers to help ensure that optimal solutions are delivered
Essential Skill Sets Required:
- Relevant degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of current and emerging server hardware and storage technology, particularly the price/functionality trade-offs
- Confident understanding of the maturity of technology used within commercially available products
- A clear track record of successfully developing and coaching a team of direct reports.
Advantageous Skill Sets:
- Experience of planning and creating procedures and policies.
- Experience handling budgetary responsibilities for your team.
- Experience and or knowledge about not for profit organisations.
Position: Full Time, Permanent.
Working hours: 36.5 hours per week
Annual Salary: Competitive + benefits
Shift patterns: Monday to Friday
How to apply
The successful candidates would only be considered for this role if they are able to demonstrate within their CV/CV support letter that they have the applicable degree level (or equivalent) qualification and significant, relevant experience.
Note: Full details of the job description will be clarified and provided at the Interview stage.
Click here to view the full job description
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply