Eduserv is looking for a Business Development Manager to be a key member of the commercial team responsible for exceeding new business goals and KPI’s, and acquiring new clients and business in assigned sectors and markets to meet allocated income and other assigned financial targets.
The Business Development Manager is also accountable for maintaining a deep understanding of allocated sectors and markets and ensuring this knowledge is documented and communicated internally, as well as building and maintaining relationships with key sector, market and industry stakeholders. The successful candidate will maintain a thorough sales plan for allocated sectors and markets with associated revenue forecasts, and build and maintain appropriate C level, director level and operational level relationships within target clients. You will also be responsible for proactively supporting the transition of new clients to the delivery and client success function during the first 6 - 9 months post sale. With a passion and understanding of the sectors / markets in which you operate, you will be a trusted advisor to organisations and focus on the value the client needs to create the operational goals they want to achieve. Advocating for client needs internally within Eduserv and working with the management team, you will ensure that alignment and value creation between the client and Eduserv is optimised.
Core responsibilities include:
- Proactively developing knowledge of the business challenges and opportunities with allocated sectors and markets and ensuring that Eduserv has a voice into these conversations. Ensure knowledge is recorded and shared internally within Eduserv and specifically the areas of the business responsible for marketing, solution development and service delivery.
- Proactively build and action a sales plan for allocated sectors and markets which will ensure the assigned sales quota is exceeded for the current and next financial years.
- Proactively establish a pipeline of leads and opportunities, working with marketing support but also taking responsibility for the creation of leads as an individual responsibility and working with inside sales. Ensure the pipeline demonstrably supports the delivery of the targeted income number.
- Maintain accurate and detailed information in Salesforce.com for all opportunities, prospects and clients, including key activities, contacts and revenue projections.
- Lead the bid process for new opportunities, ensuring that the Eduserv process is followed with an agreed win theme and that the quality and goals of the final bid are optimal to ensure success. Take ownership for the production of the proposal and writing of content working closely with the sales operations team.
- Maintain and build knowledge of Eduserv capability and solutions and a working knowledge of competitor activity in assigned markets / sectors. Ensure this latter information is shared internally on a regular (at least quarterly) basis.
- Support the development of go to market plans and initiatives in allocated sectors / markets and play a key part in finalizing and delivering activities.
- Represent Eduserv at sector and industry events, exhibitions and round tables.
- Proactively seek areas of new business engagement within allocated markets and sectors and engage internally at exec level to ensure that these are given rigorous qualification and support. Where new business areas are identified act as a key member of the opportunity development team.
- Issue a monthly report on activity, pipeline status, forecast and key opportunities.
- Proactively use the Miller Heiman and other agreed processes to manage opportunity qualification and engagement.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience and ability to achieve allocated sales targets including a successful track record in consultative selling of services similar or the same as Eduserv’s, with a deep understanding of specific and relevant sectors and markets. You will have a positive attitude, strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills and be capable of communicating at all levels within an organisation and of working in multi-discipline teams but also on your own initiative. You will be customer focused and have experience using sales methodologies and tools to accelerate sales processes as well as sufficient technical ability to require low levels of technical support (outside of pre-sales) during the sales process and to develop the trust of technical managers. Travel will also be required for customer engagements.
View job description here
Please contact email@example.com
for more information or to apply.
Please note: Direct applications only please. Applications from agencies not on our PSL will not be considered.